The 2021 season was the 40th anniversary of the Phoenix Bobcats Track & Field Club. Although faced with some challenges, due to the Pandemic, we ended the 2021 track season strong with 150 athletes (the most in Bobcat history). 4 Bobcats represented the club at the National Meet in Rome, GA and 11 Bobcats represented the club at the National Junior Olympics Championships in Jacksonville, FL. Also in 2021 we welcomed some new experienced distance coaches and will continue to add experienced coaches to our club for the 2022 season including a Sports Psychologist to assist our athletes and parents to prepare for competition.
The “Fall” season is popular for High School student/athletes as it prepares them for their high school season. The fall season is also a good introduction for those who have not previously been involved in track & field or “club track”, and it is a great way to keep in shape. We provide training in the following areas: strength & conditioning, speed & agility, long distance, hurdle work, and specialized field events, along with proper running mechanics.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE FALL CROSS COUNTRY SEASON beginning September 12th and runs through December 22nd.
Our Fall / Cross Country / Track Clinic season is very popular and fills up quickly. At this time we are only taking the first 50 who register and pay. We will add more if more coaches confirm. Coach Curtis will Coach Cross Country. Coach Jr., Coach Marley & Coach Joe and myself will run the Fall clinic. The fall Season is designed to:
1. Participate in the USATF-AZ Cross Country Season
1. Introduce those to Track & Field events
2. Prepare High School athletes for their season. (25 HS athletes who participated last year qualified for the 2022 High School State meet)
3. Work on Core, strength & stability.
4. Work on Speed and agility.
5. Work on your event.
We meet at the same time – Monday – Thursday & Sundays.
- Spring/Summer $475.00 (January – July)
- Spring/Summer Sibling(s) $250.00 (January – July)
- Erwin Jones’ Fall Clinic/Cross Country: $375.00 (Sept – Dec)
- Championship Season $200.00 (May 15 – July 31)
- Coaching Fee: $175.00 (Per athlete / Per Year)
- If you would like to just train for another sport the cost: $175.00 per month
- Drop-in Fee: $20
- Privates per hour: $40
The fee includes Bobcat Registration, USATF Registration, Uniforms, Meet Fees, Equipment Cost, Admin Cost, Water / Gatorade at all track meets & Nutrition at all track meet. We have the privilege to practice on a genuinely nice Junior College track and have access to all the equipment. We are the only club in the Valley with access to all equipment, pits, and hurdles throughout the season.
Please send Coach Jones a copy of your birth certificate at Joni.Bobcats@gmail.com